Monday, April 20, 2009

4wb

For one of the genres that I choose for my project four, I decided to use Personal and Private writing. The basis of my project was to create a website or PowerPoint to show the different appropriate of AAVE in the pop culture and media world. What I was planning on doing for this section was showing the different usage of AAVE from users on Blackplanet.com and other social networking sites. I thought that showing the actual usage etc. by people that do use it in their everyday lives would make it more clear and meaningful to the audience. When I would show a section or a couple of phrases used by persons of these social networking sites and decode it and show was the meaning of certain phrases meant in Standard English. I also would then show perhaps some AAVE being appropriated on popular pop culture websites or show a prominent figure in the media using AAVE. The point to get across is to show that AAVE is used widely in the medial and on popular websites and it is okay to speak and use AAVE. I then would like to put in just a regular conversation that I would record and show it being used in everyday life. I want to show the differences and similarities in AAVE and Standard English and how they are not so different after all.
For my second genre I was going to look at the media in television. Here I would look at shows such as BET and the cooking channel, MTV etc. I would record the different uses of AAVE since they are very wide and abundant. On my website I would show the different sites or what not with the different prominent figures in the media who use AAVE, or just example of AAVE used in those such areas. I think this will be interesting the audience because I could include a lot of games ( worksheet) and perhaps interactive things to do here. I would also make sure to show the different music influences with AAVE mainly used on MTV, which is greatly a main role in AAVE.
I think both of these genres will really show my audience that AAVE is everywhere. It is widely accepted and used and I feel that it is very “hip” and “in” to use AAVE. I think that showing its different usage in a wide variety of popular media spaces while incorporating some learning interaction, the audience can take a little bit of AAVE away with them that they did not have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment